The 17.10 release is scheduled for October 19th, 2017. This is the first Pop!_OS release and focuses on first use experience, appearance, and default applications.
To see how features will be chosen for future releases, visit pop.system76.com/docs/pop-os-development-approach/
- Add a feature to Ubiquity to toggle between “minimal” and “complete” Ubiquity. Pop!_OS will use minimal while other Ubuntu flavors can use the complete.
- Use GNOME Initial Setup for user configuration
- Add nvidia driver to the installation media
- Plymouth work for smooth and beautiful boot to login transitions
- Pop!_Theme refinement
- GDM Theme
GNOME Online Accounts
- Add additional providers to GNOME Initial Setup
- Add CalDav and CardDav providers
- Patch GNOME Calendar and GNOME Contacts for the new providers
Determine Default applications
- Choose an email client for the initial release
- Determine pre-installed applications